When developing the Kalapa brand, we wanted something simple, yet clean and minimal. Our logo is a representation of that vision with modern typography, simple geometry, and articulated with lowercase lettering.
The Kalapa mark is available in three Kalapa-branded colors: black, green, and white. Other color options are not available. Do not alter the artwork in any way or create your own version of the Kalapa mark. Use only the artwork provided by Kalapa. The artwork should include both the typography as well as the Kalapa triangle. The Kalapa triangle is only to be displayed in the branded green. The Kalapa triangle should not be displayed on its own without another full Kalapa logo appearing elsewhere on the page. There should be no confusion that the Kalapa triangle represents Kalapa.
A white or light background is preferred when displaying the Kalapa mark. The mark can also appear on a marketing layout that features a dark background. When utilizing a dark background, it is recommended to use white typography for appropriate clarity and color contrast. Do not use a background with the same color tone or a contrasting color that detracts from the Kalapa triangle.
Do's and Don'ts
- Use only the artwork provided by Kalapa.
- Use the Kalapa mark when other identities are also displayed in a similar format.
- Use the mark in marketing communications when the main message of the communication promotes Kalapa.
- Do not create your own version of the Kalapa mark.
- Do not alter the artwork in any way. Do not adjust the width or the aspect ratio of the artwork.
- Do not remove the Kalapa triangle from the mark.
- Do not display a mark that is smaller than other identities in a similar format when displayed together.
- Do not add a border to the artwork other than to add a background color.
- Do not add anything other than a solid background color such as a pattern, texture, or gradient.
- Do not translate the mark.
- Do not add messages to the mark.
- Do not add visual effects such as shadows, glows, or reflections to the mark.
- Do not flip, rotate, or animate the mark.
Work Sans is a typeface family based loosely on early Grotesques, such as those by Stephenson Blake, Miller & Richard, and Bauerschen Giesserei.
Inter is a variable font family carefully crafted & designed for computer screens.
The Kalapa color palette is a fusion of bold and dark colors with earth-like tones to symbolize our connection to humanity. Our Jungle Green is a muted pastel-style color that is void of all sheen with a more matte look, which extends throughout the palette. We opted to use slightly off-colors rather than precision FFFFFF or 000000 when it came to whites and blacks. This allows for more contextual layering, highlights, and shadow opportunities. Each primary color represented has the included shadow/highlight colors as well as a light/dark toggle to show how each color theme is displayed.